<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.tygerbearandme.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Tiny Tyger, Baby Bear and Me: Hit by a Bus...Literally (Okay, 'Minibus')

Thursday 26 November 2015

Hit by a Bus...Literally (Okay, 'Minibus')

This last week has been an eventful and stressful week, which has left me with the question of whether to write about all that's happened as my blog post (and so work myself up even more about it and worry about what people might think or say and try to fit it all in without the post being some ridiculous length) or put it to one side and write about something else (which I wouldn't really be focused on and wouldn't do justice).  Instead of get myself into a tizz, I'm going to split the week into its two main events and - unusually for me - write a mid-week blog post as well as my normal weekend entry.

I'll start with the second awful thing that's happened because most of my favourite novels are non-linear (and, more importantly, this one is less relevant to my usual blog posts so is more fitting for a mid-week slot - hopefully the Wolf can forgive me).

So...

The Wolf cycles to and from the train station on his way to work.

On Tuesday he was hit by a minibus.

The phone rang before 7.30am.  The phone does not normally ring before 9am and certainly not before 8.  A 7.20am phone call is immediately a worrying thing to answer, made more worrying when the first thing you hear is your husband telling you not to worry.  Worry, worry, worry.

The Wolf explained he was hit by a bus (yeah, Goram 'bus' at this point and not 'minibus') and was waiting for an ambulance but he was 'okay'.  He didn't sound okay and I was suspicious he might be minimising so as not to cause me too much...what was that word again?

I told my mum and set about getting dressed, getting the boys dressed, getting their teeth cleaned and all that jazz.  I didn't know what would happen.  I didn't know if the Wolf would have to go to hospital or we'd go and find him or what but I figured making sure we were ready for...whatever was the best course of action (and I needed action to stop me thinking too much).

My mum took my sister to the school bus and found the Wolf really hadn't got very far before the accident and so she was able to hop in the ambulance and send me a photo to alleviate my concern he was more badly injured than he'd claimed on the phone.

I never doubted him!  *Ahem*
The lovely paramedics drove him back to the house since it was so close by and Tyger got to go in the ambulance (which made up for the fact he was bitterly disappointed we're weren't going to the hospital, which he thought would be 'funner' than staying at home).

The Wolf is okay.  I mean, really, really sore and stiff but no broken bones as far as the paramedics could tell and no blow to the head or anything.  Luckily, he was wearing a huge backpack full of stuff for the gym because without that his back would almost certainly be broken.

This is a very sturdy, metal water bottle that was in his bag.
It didn't fare well.
The minibus driver just 'didn't see him'.  On a long, straight bit of road.  With hi-viz gear on.  And lights...

The police are making the minibus driver take a test for elderly drivers involved in traffic accidents.  If he fails, his licence will be revoked.

Tyger has a different suggestion.  He is adamant the minibus driver should be thrown in the bin and has told the Wolf to do so if their paths cross again.  Tyger is actually quite worried - there's that word again - about the whole thing and has told the Wolf not to go back to work in case the minibus 'gets' him.  It's been fine this week because the Wolf took a couple of days off and is now working from home for the rest of the week.  Next week, though...we'll see how Tyger copes with that.

So, that was a shock for everyone, not helped by the fact we were already stressed from the previous day.  But that's for the weekend's blog post!




Linked with:

Mummy and Monkeys

My Random Musings

8 Comments:

At 27 November 2015 at 08:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh honey that's awful - I hope your husband is ok and that Tyger copes OK next week. I know it's this kind of upheaval that can cause anxiety to sky rocket so I feel for you.#picknmix

 
At 29 November 2015 at 23:40 , Blogger Lady Nym said...

Husband is getting better. All the bruises are finally starting to show up (has taken almost a week so must be very deep) but he's not half as sore now as he was early last week. Fingers crossed, Tyger has calmed down enough about it all that he'll be okay. We'll see!

 
At 2 December 2015 at 11:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no that must have been so scary for you. So glad that it all turned out ok. My Mum can still remember when the police turned up at the door to tell her my Dad was in hospital from a serious car crash. She says she will never forget it. Thanks for linking to #PickNMix

 
At 3 December 2015 at 11:05 , Blogger Stevie - A Cornish Mum said...

Eek I'm glad he was okay, but that must have been so scary! Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix

Stevie x

 
At 6 December 2015 at 12:18 , Blogger Random Musings said...

It's funny how when someone starts a phone call with "don't worry" you automatically start worrying! Glad he's ok and I hope Tyger isn't too distressed when Wolf goes back to work :)
Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes
Debbie

 
At 7 December 2015 at 01:53 , Blogger Lady Nym said...

Very scary. It looks like he probably has cracked ribs in his back so it'll be a while before he's healed yet but at least it wasn't more serious.

 
At 7 December 2015 at 01:54 , Blogger Lady Nym said...

Now he's just got the slog of looking into legal proceedings.

 
At 7 December 2015 at 01:56 , Blogger Lady Nym said...

It was the same when my dad once picked me up from the school bus when I was younger and immediately launched into, 'don't worry - everyone's okay.' The panic set in straight away (my mum had hit a patch of black ice and flipped the car with my sisters both in the back but - as my dad said - everyone was okay). Tyger's actually been okay so far. Phew!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home